Welcome to the 2015 ksps blue day teachers page.
On this page you will find a variety of tip sheets and information on Autism.
Information is from:
Sue Larkey - Tip Sheets
Go Blue for Autism
Below is the website overview sheet and autism awareness ribbon to print:
Below is a list of tip sheets and information about autism and strategies for the classroom:
Top 10 tips to help students calm down:
Each student may like different ones
1. Give the child something they love to do
2. Use sensory tools (create a calming box to put these in)
3. Set up a cool down area in your classroom
4. Offer a form of exercise: going for a run/skipping
5. Have some music available to listen to
6. Have story books available to read
7. Have some tactile options (such as stress balls or putty)
8. Counting to 10, 50, 100 , etc.
9. Repetitive actions (sorting counters, colouring in, etc.)
10. Watch a liquid timer
(Adapted from Sue Larkey)
Click the button below to see a variety of strategies for success in the classroom for ASD.